Sexual Health Outreach Work Vacancy (Lancashire & Blackburn with Darwen)
The Renaissance UK sexual health outreach service (funded through Blackpool Council & Lancashire County Council) supports in situ sexual health advice, education and referrals in the public sex environments LGBTQ+ venues, online and other sex on premises locations of Blackpool & Lancashire (Inc Blackburn with Darwen), targeting gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men.
- 10 hours per week working across Lancashire
- Rate of Pay: – £13.06 per hour.
- The project will require some weekend and evening working, as well as travelling to and from area’s whilst on shift.
- Own transport is essential, expenses provided.
Candidates will need the following criteria: –
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Interest and/or knowledge in sexual health and HIV
- Interest and/or experience of outreach working
- Administration, IT & Digital skills, including familiarity in the working of Apps
- Knowledge/experience of issues facing gay, bisexual and other men that have sex with men
- Knowledge of local supporting Services
Please note: (Equality Act 2010) It is an occupational requirement that the candidate identifies as male due to the nature of the position. The worker will be engaging with men who have sex with men in public sex environments and male only sex on premises venues, where access to those identifying as female is refused.
Full training is provided, and an immediate start is desirable.
For an application pack including the full job description and Person Spec. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01253 311431
Closing date for applications is Midnight on the 11th of April 2021.
For more information or an informal chat about the role, please call Anthony West on 07875 355390 or email email@example.com
Renaissance-UK Ltd has a commitment to safer recruitment through its safeguarding policy and personal staff development in line with Equal Opportunities.
We particularly encourage applications from underrepresented communities including LGBTQ+, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates.
Any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced criminal record check with barred list through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), references and verification of qualifications.
If you would like to volunteer for any part of the service then please email for a volunteer pack